|Safety & Security Advisory|
|1. Deal locally|
As far as possible deal locally or face-to-face to avoid most scam attempts. Do not extend payments to anyone you have not met in person or cannot be verified or contacted by any other means.
Avoid wiring funds (e.g. Western Union, MoneyGram). Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders from unknown entities.
Any interaction or transactions, are between users only, no third party nor XIGNet provides or implies any kind of "guarantee".
Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc) to an unverified entity.
|2. Recognizing scams|
• Email or SMS from someone that is not local to your area.
• Vague initial inquiry, e.g. asking about "the item." Poor grammar/spelling.
• Western Union, Money Gram, cashier check, money order, paypal, shipping, escrow service, or a insecure "guarantee."
• Inability or refusal to meet face-to-face to complete the transaction.
• Unverifiable business, address or contact information
|2. Data that you furnish when using any of our services or when you interact with us.|
Data you post on or send in replies to any posts is solely for the intended parties. XIGNet does not collect or store this data or use it for any other purposes.|
All communications that you send or receive from bids, offers or replies are directly sent to your email. XIGNet will not be able to view such communications and will not be able to advise you in any form regarding such interactions.
Any interaction with us directly is in strict confidence and will not be disclosed to any other third parties, unless mutually agreed upon by the user and XIGNet.
|3. Personal Security|
• Do NOT meet anyone in private places on your first meetings. Only in safe public places.
• Never continue meeting someone who's credentials are doubtful or cannot be verified.
• Do NOT provide sensitive personal information or any form of media online.
• Beware of people who use social networks like facebook as their only credentials. Any social network profile or images can be faked.
• It is up to you to scrutinize an individual you meet online, in the same way that you would scrutinize anyone you meet anywhere else in real life for business or social purposes.